Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2009, 03:10 PM

Foreign Key Violation

I received this when conducting an import of a folder containing 8500 elm files. Apparently nothing was imported. I am able to repeat the error.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Try repairing the db (Tools | Compact & Repair).
Old 03-31-2009, 04:09 PM

Thanks, but I just tried importing to a new, blank, pristine database. Same error message. I don't think compact/repair is the answer in this case, do you?

Jon
Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Try narrowing down which file(s) are causing the problem (by watching the filenames in the progress dialog), then ZIP and send the problem file(s) to support@kinook.com, along with the other information requested in http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3038. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 AM

With the number of files involved, I am not quite sure how to do this. The import processs takes a LONG time, so it would require me to sit in front of the computer and note every file UR is processing. I don't have the time and I imagine this would also test anyone's patience.

If some of the files were imported I could deduce which was the liikely culprit. Since none are imported, I cannot even do this.

Last evening, I split the 8500 file folder into four parts in an effort to test whether there were too many files for UR to process. The import of Folder 1 halted with the same Foreign Key Violation message as before. I thought the problem file was somewhere in Folder 1, so I proceeded to import the other folders. The remaining three folders produced the same error. What are the chances of having all four folders contain at least one problematic file? Stilll, I suppose it is possible. Please advise how to proceed.

Jon

PS. Why would a "bad" file matter? I thought anything could be stored inside UR. Maybe not viewed or indexed, but stored.

Last edited by Jon Polish; 04-01-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Administrator

I just imported a folder with 11,000 .eml files into UR without any errors. I don't see how the content of the .eml files could trigger that error, but it would appear to be the only variable. If you can reduce the number of files with the error still occurring and ZIP and send those files, we can see if the problem also occurs here. Another option might be to try it on another computer, Windows partition, or virtual machine (if you have one) to see if the problem is somehow specific to your Windows installation or file system.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Another option might be to try it on another computer, Windows partition, or virtual machine (if you have one) to see if the problem is somehow specific to your Windows installation or file system.
Already tried with another computer running XP SP2. Same results.

This database is one of two I rely on. This database is an email archive only (14GB) and as such stores a huge number of files (over 181,000 items) which are normallly imported from mbx. Although there are dedicated programs ouut there that are highly regarded for this purpose (I own two), I find UR to be MUCH faster and more accurate when it comes to searching.

Jon