Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 08-30-2004, 11:43 AM

Question Unable to compile .NET Pocket PC solution

Hello. My build process needs to include compiling a VS.NET solution that includes a pocket pc application. I added the step, pointed it to the solution file, and set the configuration to Release. However, when I test it, I get this error message:

Error loading info for project file .... Configuration 'Release|Pocket PC' not found.

I have also tried the Debug configuration, but I get the same message except it says 'Debug|Pocket PC'.

I'm not sure what the problem is. This solution builds fine from within the VS.NET IDE. I have several other .NET solutions that build just fine from VBP.

Is this a known issue? Can you not build compact framework projects from VBP? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:47 AM

I should note that I tried using the All option and Release.* as well with the same problem.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Building of Smart Device / Compact Framework projects is supported by the Make VS.NET action. Please post (or send to support@kinook.com) the following and we can investigate:

1) The info from Help | About | Install Info in VBP
2) The .bld file containing the Make VS.NET step that is failing
3) The .sln + constituent project files (no source files) for the solution that is failing to build

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:56 AM

Hmmm, I may have just proved it a bug. I created the world's simplest smart device win app in VS.NET. Then I created a .bld file with a single step in it, to build that VS.NET solution, and it fails with the same error.

I went to the options tab of the task and checked the "Display the compiler command-line..." box, but it doesn't show it so I can't compare it to what VS.NET IDE does when it builds.

Has anybody worked around this yet?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Administrator

A basic Smart Device project (VB.NET or C#) builds as expected here. Could you send the info listed above for the solution that isn't working for you? Thanks.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:03 PM

I did as request and support responded that it is a known issue fixed in release 5.5

I have installed 5.5 and confirmed that the problem is fixed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: