Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-23-2006, 09:38 AM

Version 2.0, THANKS Kinook

Thanks Kinook, Kevin for the release of v. 2.0. In this new version you have added even more flexibility and more impressive features while at the same time keeping the GUI and overall appearance simple. I feel now that Ultrarecall is near to increase its potency to the power of two.

Thanks for being so responsive to the users' requests, with which you have demonstrated that the community of UR users count, and for developing a program with such a great deal of intelligence added.

Leoram
Old 05-24-2006, 03:59 AM

I'd like to add my thanks too.

The tabbed viewer and usb support is a vast improvement.

...Richard
Old 05-24-2006, 10:00 AM

Exceptional Release

Very nice release. This puts UR solidly in the lead for this product space.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:31 AM

thanks

I agree as well. The improvments are great. The speed with which they were implemented, and the accuracy with which they reflected the desires of the users is very impressive.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:03 PM

Taking these ideas to culmination...

You made the right choice, imo; opening items in new tabs was the single most important feature to add. I wonder how many users know about it? The straightforward way to open an item in a new tab is to right-click and choose "Open in new tab." Most multi-tab applications other than browsers have the new tab as the default. I don't know which way is better, but in UR the feature may go unnoticed. My first guess as to how to get new tabs (besides choosing from the Tab menu, which duplicates the active tab) was to ctrl-click on the new tab. Since multiple tabs were selected, I thought multiple tabs would be opened. If feasible, I think that should be available too. Then you could quickly open numerous tabs; Shift-click to open a contiguous line of InfoItems, etc.

There had been discussion of how to streamline moving infoitems in the hierarchy. When I saw the new Favorites toolbar, I thought you might have come to the same conclusion I recently arrived at--that drag and drop is far more convenience when you are dragging to a large target in immediate view. From my self-observation, it takes a lot more concentration to drag and drop directly in a hierarchy than I would have thought plausible.

When I saw the toolbar, I thought this was what you had decided too. Now we could drag and drop to the toolbar, if the target happened to reside there. It still seems like it would be a good feature.

Last edited by srdiamond; 05-24-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:28 AM

Double thanks

Just a short note of thanks to Kinook for the excellent work and streamlined application of users' requests.

An additional thanks is due for Kinook's upgrade policy; though major updates usually require an upgrade charge, upgrading from 1.4 to 2.0 was free; it makes me feel among the privileged!

Well done guys,

alx
Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 AM

i'd like to thank you, too.

very nice new features and again many things to discover.

you enhanced the program in a very good way. not only the integration of outlook (e.g.) the improvement in usability with the tabs is something i like very much.

good job, and keep on rocking !
Old 05-26-2006, 09:17 AM

Wow! great improvements!
I have tried version 2 for one day now and have found that the favorites and document toolbars and item tabs spare me a lot of work.

THANKS for the good work.

Clemens

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: