Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 08-24-2009, 02:47 PM

Transient optiton

I have written a custom action which takes an input file and then determines whether or not to rebuild an output file based on file dates. It takes a number of options and works well.

What I want to be able to do is to rebuild the output if the user indicates that they wish to ignore the file dates and just do it. The odd thing about my request is that I do not want this option to be persistent, i.e. it should be a one shot deal. I am afraid that a user might leave the option and would like to eliminate that option.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Maybe create a signal file to enable the temporary option, and in the action logic, only ignore dates if found (and delete it afterwards).
Old 08-24-2009, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

What the user can do now is to just go and manually delete the output file in order to force a rebuild.

The thing I was looking for was some way to tie this "transient property" into the Visual Build UI. I thought that it was a long shot but wanted to ask.

I think that this is somewhat analogous to the Visual Studio concept of Build versus Rebuild.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: