Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2007, 09:47 AM

Empty recycle bin and bad performance

Hi Kinook:

I have 1409 items in my Recycle Bin. I initiated the "Empty Recycle Bin" command. After 40 minutes with the "Please Wait" dialogue displayed, I tried cancelling the operation. The appropriate message appeared, but did not go away even after another 40 minutes. Obviously I could not use URp during that time. URp was running on a dual core machine with 2Gb ram. The database is 353Gb.

I had to kill UR and restart. The program froze and I had to kill it again. I noticed a file with the database name and urd-journal extension and deleted it. UR fired right up and loaded my database with the recycle bin with the 1409 items still there. Emptying the recycle bin failed again and I went through the same steps to re-start the program. By the way, ALL OF MY TOOLBAR CUSTOMIZATIONS WERE LOST!

I tried a database repair and got the error "database disk image is malformed." So I created a new database and copied the items from the "bad" one to the empty one. Guess what? I initiated this process 4 hours and 50 minutes ago and am still waiting. I also cannot leave the computer unattended because the "Switch to" dialogue pops up from time to time. I click the button "switch to" and the dialogue goes away. I assume the copying process resumes until the next box appears.

Can you PLEASE fix these performace issues I am experiencing? Or, am I in such a minority that it is not worth addressing (I will understand if this is the case and will have to use some other program).

Thank you.

Jon

Last edited by Jon Polish; 06-19-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: