Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 04-03-2003, 04:37 AM

Question Target not found after building

When building our projects, all our exe- and dll-files are put in a common bin-folder. How do I tell "Visual Build Professional" to look for the target files in the bin-folder?

Thanks!

Kim
Old 04-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Question

What sort of projects are you building? VC6? VS.NET? VB6? If you can send the project/solution/workspace/group files to support@kinook.com we can take a look. Also, if you're building VC6 utility or makefile projects, you can't use advanced features that require parsing the project or resource files (such as incrementing and setting versions and properties), since those project types don't have a consistent file format for determining the necessary info.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:23 AM

Post Details about the problem

I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 and Service Pack 5 for all my projects. When compiling, all dll's and pdb's are placed in a common folder.

E.G.
Project - Settings - Link: Output file name
\MySoftware\Bin\MyDll.dll
- and -
Project - Settings - Link: Project Options
/pdb:"\MySoftware\Bin\MyDll.pdb"
/out:"\MySoftware\Bin\MyDll.dll"

Using this method, all exe-, dll-, and pdb-files are placed in a common bin- and bind-folder when compiling. My guess is that "Visual Build Professional" search for the target files (exe's and dll's) in the \Project\Release and \Project\Debug folders.

The question is: How do I tell "Visual Build Professional" to look for the target files in the common bin-folder? It should be possible to read this information from the dsp-file?

Last edited by Kim; 04-07-2003 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:51 AM
Administrator

The Make VC6 action does parse that info from the DSP files. Again, please send the projects+workspace files to support@kinook.com and we can take a look.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: