Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 07-25-2006, 03:13 PM

additional Tree Item sorting options

would like to see the data explorer item context menu for Sorting to have additional options and not just alphabetical. One that would be of immediate and priority benefit to me would be Sort by Flag

- and then next would be sort by Create Date, Sort by Last Accessed Date..., sort by Priority

Most ideally, it would be great to be able to create ones own custom sort options, by using a custom selection of Item Attributes. Perhaps this could be provided for in Program Options somehow?

Anyone else interested in this?
Old 09-10-2006, 05:12 AM

Thumbs up Re: additional Tree Item sorting options

Quote:
Originally posted by igoldsmid
would like to see the data explorer item context menu for Sorting to have additional options and not just alphabetical. One that would be of immediate and priority benefit to me would be Sort by Flag

- and then next would be sort by Create Date, Sort by Last Accessed Date..., sort by Priority

Most ideally, it would be great to be able to create ones own custom sort options, by using a custom selection of Item Attributes. Perhaps this could be provided for in Program Options somehow?

Anyone else interested in this?
Yes, this is an excellent idea. Being an UR novice exploring it's features, I could not find that this is possible, and I hereby second the suggestion!

-Viggo.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:28 PM

I third the motion. This type of functionality is already available for the items in the child window pane. It just needs to be implemented for the trees.

How about it Kinook, this shouldn't be that hard to implement.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:07 AM

I'd like to add that this option would be most useful on template item level (as it already seems to be somewhat).

That would allow the user to select a custom sorting method per template and even per instantiated item.

In example:
I indicate that I want any folder item alphabetically sorted by default. That would be perfect for i.e. a contacts folder, but for a journal folder a sort by date could be manually configured differing from the default sorting option defined in the folder template.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:09 AM

Minor note:
Why is the option "Sort siblings" instead of "Sort children"? That makes little sense.

Pretty much every program I know uses a sort children method.
--> Why deviate from that?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:10 PM

I'd like to be able to sort siblings AND children.

That said, I've started making much greater use of the Children pane in combination with cloning and Saved Searches. So this is less of a need for me than it used to be, but I'd still like to have the capability within the Explorer pane.

Regards,
Bal
Old 11-02-2008, 05:58 AM

Also it would be nice if Tree folders could be sorted to the top of other item types (as in Windows Explorer) instead of being sorted like any other item.

A workaround would be to start all folder names with "_" or something like that, but that's a pain--especially if you have to go back and rename lots of folders.

Last edited by mikeg; 11-02-2008 at 06:04 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: