Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Capturing web page selections as RTF

I notice that it is not possible to capture SELECTED text from a web page - for example, by using the Firefox extension - in a manner which retains the original formatting of the page. However, this is possible if I copy the text to Word, and then paste it into UR as RTF.

Is there any way to directly paste the selected text from a web page into UR as RTF - possibly by using some clipboard capture utility (if so, which?), or perhaps otherwise?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LM7
I notice that it is not possible to capture SELECTED text from a web page - for example, by using the Firefox extension - in a manner which retains the original formatting of the page. However, this is possible if I copy the text to Word, and then paste it into UR as RTF.
That works here. For instance, I've attached a screen shot of importing part of this forum post from Firefox v2.0.0.4 via the UR extension (into UR Pro v3.1.1).

Quote:
Is there any way to directly paste the selected text from a web page into UR as RTF - possibly by using some clipboard capture utility (if so, which?), or perhaps otherwise?
Not from Firefox (unless there's an extension that adds this), since it doesn't include Rich Text format when copying (IE does).
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Re: Capturing web page selections as RTF

Quote:
Originally posted by LM7
s there any way to directly paste the selected text from a web page into UR as RTF - possibly by using some clipboard capture utility (if so, which?), or perhaps otherwise?
there is, the clipboard capture utility is called "Word" ;-)
I use it when I'm copying text from webpages that contains math formulas as images ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: