Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-13-2008, 05:38 AM

Degradation of tear off toolbar

I have the "Insert Sibling" toolbar torn off, and find it very useful. However, after some use I find that it begins to make the wrong insertion. (For example, I click on the Text button, and it inserts an Appointment).

If I throw the toolbar away and tear it off afresh, all is then well again. Until the next time it starts to go wrong.

The behaviour of individual databases is independent. So it may work correctly in one database, but not in another (until corrected).

Restarting the program always initially corrects the problem for all databases.

It is only a minor irritation, but if there were a simple solution I would be pleased to know about it.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:56 PM

I find this also happens with the Insert Child toolbar. I reported it during the 3.5 beta but it's not reliably repeatable and so I suppose Kinook haven't been able to track it down.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:04 PM

Actually, I've had to give up on using these tear off toolbars, and have set up my own keyboard macros instead.

I don't know why these toolbars are as they are. Firstly, very few people would be aware they can tear them off, so they probably hardly ever get used. But surely a toolbar that selects the item you want is almost the first thing you need and should be a mainstream toolbar.

Secondly, it makes no sense to me that the Sibling and Child tear off bars use the same icons. What is needed is one standard bar providing both child and sibling insertion without duplicate icons, ideally customisable.

UR is lovably eccentric but frequently frustrating too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: