Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-27-2010, 10:25 PM

Templates: Apply to existing text documents

Since I have import 1600 documents, I currently need to create a new file from a template then copy and paste the info into the new document that now has the template.

It would save hours of time to just right click on the document(s) and then click on template and choose apply to existing selected documents.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:05 AM

To change the template of multiple existing items:

Select all the documents needing a template change.

In the Item Attributes pane, change the Template Item to the new value.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:08 AM

Does not work with Word file

When I click on the Template item it only shows 'Document' ( these are Word files that were imported ). When I created a new internal UR document, I was able to change the Template item value.

Not sure why the Word document will not let me change the value.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 AM

As your items were created based on the Core Template Document(role - to reference or store an external document or web page), your new template needs to be derived from the core system document template.
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...ument+template

And the new derived template must be located at the 1st level below the template folder for it to show up in the pull down.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Re: Does not work with Word file

Quote:
Originally posted by JGM22
When I click on the Template item it only shows 'Document' ( these are Word files that were imported ). When I created a new internal UR document, I was able to change the Template item value.

Not sure why the Word document will not let me change the value.
Any data file that you import is going to be assigned to the default Document Template - images, pdfs, web pages, word or excel files, zip files, *.exe, are all examples of data files that will be assigned to the Document Template upon import.

User-defined Templates can be created - a copy of a Core Template, usually based on either the Document or the Text Template - and user-defined Attributes can be assigned to such a template.

Re-assignment of a Template is available within the same Template Type (either Document or Text). Look at the default templates, Text Type Templates allow for Text editing in the Item Detail body, Document Type Templates do not.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: