Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 03-09-2005, 10:56 AM

Printing and Exporting

Is printing the data explorer pane (or a portion thereof) a feature that is being considered in the next version...with the option of printing item details as well? Also, exporting same to a single word file?

Rich text formatting for the items in data exployer; and word wrapping is a desired feature also.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:06 PM

We will add printing contents of the Data Explorer Pane (or a portion) to the feature request list, how would you expect that feature to also work with printing Item Details in combination?

We are currently developing XML export (and import) capabilities (to be released in a future version) which could be used to do this type of output. This capability could be combined with an XSLT transform and used directly (or be leveraged) to achieve the printing/merging you desire.

Both rich text formatting and word wrap in the Data Explorer Pane are unlikely (there are performance and useability issues with both of these concepts).
Old 04-13-2005, 03:08 PM

In addition to printing the data explorer view, I think it would be useful to print the Child Items view. For example, with a hierarchy like this:

Projects
1. First project
   a. subproject 1
   b. subproject 2
2. Second project
   a. subproject 1

If I select "Projects" , the Child Items view shows all of the projects and their attributes (due dates, statuses, priorities, etc.). This is a useful, big picture overview of all the projects I'm working on. Then, if I select one of the projects such as Project 1, I can see each of its subprojects and their own attributes, as a snapshot of that project. These views would be useful to print, e.g. to bring to a meeting.

Just a thought.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: