Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 09-24-2009, 05:46 PM

Save Multiple Info Items Simultaneously

Greetings! I have dragged and dropped numerous webpages from the Internet into UR 4. I had to unselect the "Import: store contents when importing or syncing" option in "Tools / Quick Options" because the images on the various pages being dragged and dropped were not being copied.

I can laboriously one-by-one save each Info Item with control+m, of course. Is there some way to "All Save" that will save all of the unsaved Info Items I have dragged and dropped into UR 4? If not, this would be a nice feature in future editions.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:01 AM

Re: Save Multiple Info Items Simultaneously

Quote:
Originally posted by tfjern
Greetings! I have dragged and dropped numerous webpages from the Internet into UR 4. I had to unselect the "Import: store contents when importing or syncing" option in "Tools / Quick Options" because the images on the various pages being dragged and dropped were not being copied.
I think it would be beneficial to post those websites that UR has a problem to copy properly, so that Kinook could try to fix it ...
Old 09-26-2009, 04:29 AM

Misunderstanding

I apologize for the somewhat muddled post which is at the head of this tread. Let me try again.

The issue is not the particular dragged and dropped websites, so forget about them. Also, I am well aware that some drag and dropped web pages can be saved (that is, stored) when dropped, but please forgot about this UR feature, too.

When I have a long list of Info Items that have not been saved / stored, it appears that I have to click on each unsaved Info Item and click "Control+M" to have them saved / stored, a laborious process if there are hundreds that need saving.

I was asking if it were possible to save more than one Info Item on the tree simultaneously (by clicking on multiple unsaved / unstored Info Items). Apparently not, so Kinook moved this post to the Suggestions category. It would be a nice feature to have "Save / Store All Unsaved Info Items" in future editions of our beloved UR, along with a much-needed multi-database searching and replacing function.

P.S.: nice new web page, Kinook. Could use some detailed, user-friendly Camtasias, though.

Last edited by tfjern; 09-26-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:21 PM

As far as I know, all you need do is select the items you want to store, then do the CTRL+M thing. Unless your items have been moved from their original location, this should work.

Jon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: