Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 07-24-2007, 07:04 AM

favorite open in a new tab - not

Kinook, I don't believe the Favorites open in a new tab option is working... or at least not on my machine.

Also URp doesn't remember the Reminder open in new tab setting between program re-starts.

Are we getting close to a new release...huh? huh?

Thank you.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Does it have something to do with http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...threadid=2714?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Does it have something to do with http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...threadid=2714?
I don't believe so because there are settings for open in a new tab in both Favorites & Reminders, i..e. URp offers the user this option via menu rather than keyboard shortuct.

Maybe these radio button options are designed for single use. If so, I think the options should stick once set just like any option.

Or if there is a connection, I guess I don't see it. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Oh, you're referring to the New tab checkbox on the Organize Favorites dialog? That checkbox applies to the Go button. Does the favorite not open in a new tab when clicking Go with 'New tab' checked?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Oh, you're referring to the New tab checkbox on the Organize Favorites dialog? That checkbox applies to the Go button. Does the favorite not open in a new tab when clicking Go with 'New tab' checked?
Yes. That works but I thought of it as an 'option' so I was surprised when it didn't work when clicking on a favorite icon. IMO the 'option' should carry over.

The other place is in the reminder dialog. That also works but the 'option' to open in a new tab does not stick between URp sessions. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
...reminder dialog. That also works but the 'option' to open in a new tab does not stick between URp sessions...
Yes, that is a good one janrif. I was so stoked when I observed UR remembering the "Open in new tab" option in the reminder dialog, then a little disappointed to see it not remembered between sessions.

So janrif, to help Kinook collate tab orientated bugs/suggestions, if we were to add your suggestion quoted above to the comments I made under Tabs & Favorites & Hoisting in thread http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...threadid=2651, do you think we'd have enough tab stuff covered for the next release?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zargron
Yes, that is a good one janrif. I was so stoked when I observed UR remembering the "Open in new tab" option in the reminder dialog, then a little disappointed to see it not remembered between sessions.

So janrif, to help Kinook collate tab orientated bugs/suggestions, if we were to add your suggestion quoted above to the comments I made under Tabs & Favorites & Hoisting in thread http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...threadid=2651, do you think we'd have enough tab stuff covered for the next release?
Sure, move it if you like..... whatever makes it easier for Kinook to get an overview on a specific area is fine by me.

However, I'm sure the K's use URp so w a user defined keyword like 'tab' attached to the various items on that subject all tab items could be quickly gathered into a single view. :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: