Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 05-25-2007, 04:27 PM

Speling buton :)

I have items that contain code, or words that are not in English ... I would like to see when I spell something incorrectly, but many words or variable names are underlined and those are not supposed to be checked for spelling, and readability of the item text is thus low.

I'd welcome if there could be a button (to which as usually I could assign a shortcut), which would switch on/off the current spelling option window setting. I would type my item click to see if everything is ok, and then switch off again to prevent underling of many words that are not supposed to be checked for spelling. Thank you for consideration.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:25 PM

Re: Speling kee

Sorry quant, i don't reckon this shortcut is important.
I also have many "misspelt" technical words in my item text. As with my word processor, i have Check spelling as you type turned off. I finish my entry, a simple tap of the <F7> key, up comes the spell checker, [Ignore] button already highlighted. If i've been a good boy and spelt all "english" words correctly, it's just a tap-tap-tap on the <enter> key with the odd <Alt+C> to fix my techno babble and abbreviations...
Old 06-25-2007, 03:01 AM

<F7> is not an option for me.
Most of my notes is math text with lots of notation, I'd be doing <tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap> <tap>
for a long time ...
So instead of providing one simple click of a button or pressing a keyboard shortcut to see all the spelling errors at once, I just cannot be bothered to go every-time after I finish my note to menu and change the spelling option.

All I'm asking for is a "switch to check spelling as you type" command ...

In fact, many other "switch-type" option settings could have assigned command (those that don't require application restart), so that you could change the "application-setting" on-the-fly ...
Old 06-25-2007, 03:44 AM

I see your point - I guess you're always going to be in a spot of bother.

Is your notation paragraphed above and below math text/formula? Pretty often I work through my technical notes using ye old right arrow double-click highlight paragraph then <F7> in order to restrict spell check to explanatory text. Don't know whether this helps - hopefully doesn't make you more annoyed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: