Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 AM

paste from clipboard trouble

Puzzling problem: when I paste from the clipboard to an info item (data explorer), the high-lighted and copied text from Word doesn't paste. Instead, another piece of text copied from the web to "imported items" continues to be pasted, even after I've deleted it from UR.

I use ClipMate 7 as a clipboard extender, so it shows me what its taken from the Windows clipboard. The erroneous clip being pasted isn't there.

I've tried a) re-starting UR, Word, and ClipMate b) shutting down ClipMate c) rebooting Windows. Nothing corrects the problem.

I'm trying to decide between UR, MyBase, and TreePad. I don't have this problem in the others, and their automatic paste functions work without a hitch. In UR, using the Win+V sequence produces irregular results, as explained above.

I've also noticed that UR seems slower than the others in pasting and considerably slower than Evernote, especially in copying things from the Web.

Is this comparative "slowness" something that reflects a poor installation of UR?

I sure would like to know if the clip and paste problem is fixable.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator

That is strange. UR should retrieve data that is on the clipboard when using Win+V (several formats may exist, and which format UR uses depends on the available formats and import options, but in the case of Word, it will typically process Rich Text Format). Please ZIP and send to support@kinook.com or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) Before pasting into UR via Win+V, download, extract, and run http://www.kinook.com/Download/ClipSpy.zip, capture a screen shot of the ClipSpy window (Alt+PrtScn, paste into Paint, and save); then in ClipSpy, select Rich Text Format and save to a file via Ctrl+S, and repeat for CF_TEXT and HTML Format (if in the list)
3) A .urd file with the pasted item after Win+V

As far as slowness, there is quite a bit of processing involved in an import (retrieving web site icon, secondary pages/files, keywording contents, duplicate URL checking, etc.) which may not be performed by other apps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: