Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Info item "ghost" after move

I don't have any explanation for this and it has not happened before. I moved (right drag) one item with one child from Imported Items to Tasks. The move occurred while Imported Items was highlighted in the Data Explorer. The item was moved from the Child pane to Tasks in the Data Explorer pane. It did not show up in Tasks at all (Data Explorer and Child panes), nor was it showing in the child pane when Imported Items was highlighted. Searching showed that it was still in Imported Items, but I could only see it if I expanded Imported Items in the Data Explorer pane. It did not appear in Child Items at all. I refreshed, but without any change. Puzzled, I re-started UR to find the item was now under Tasks and did not appear at all under Imported Items (neither in Data Explorer nor Child Items).

Any ideas?

Jon
Old 08-21-2007, 01:19 PM

It happened again. The difference this time was that I left dragged the item from the chile pane to another item in the data explorer. It failed to show up in the target. After a refresh, it showed in the target's child pane, but not as a child in data explorer.

URp version 3.2.0.3 under Windows XP SP2.

Jon
Old 08-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Try re-downloading and installing http://www.kinook.com/Download/UltraRecallProEval.exe. We fixed a bug last week related to this (v3.2.0.4).
Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 AM

Confirmed fixed. Thank you.

Another problem that I have observed is that if I have the option ticked to hoist favorites, the toolbar still shows both options (hoist and unhoist). Shouldn't this behavior be the same as when I manually hoist an item from the toolbar?

One more comment if I may. Is it possible to inform us of your minor updates and the fixes/changes that were implemented? I would not have bothered with this thread had I known that an update was posted which addressed this problem. From the information posted on your download page, it is impossible to tell exactly which version is available. I have to download the zip file and examine the version number of the executable to see if I am up to date.

Thanks again for the fix.

Jon
Old 08-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Polish
Another problem that I have observed is that if I have the option ticked to hoist favorites, the toolbar still shows both options (hoist and unhoist). Shouldn't this behavior be the same as when I manually hoist an item from the toolbar?
What problem? Regardless of whether an item was hoisted by opening as a favorite, the hoist/unhoist commands are always shown (if the Tree toolbar is shown) and enabled as appropriate for the current hoist state of the selected item.

Quote:
One more comment if I may. Is it possible to inform us of your minor updates and the fixes/changes that were implemented? I would not have bothered with this thread had I known that an update was posted which addressed this problem. From the information posted on your download page, it is impossible to tell exactly which version is available. I have to download the zip file and examine the version number of the executable to see if I am up to date.
We fixed the bug for one user who reported it last week, and it didn't seem likely to affect many users, but we'll be releasing an "official" update fairly soon.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
What problem? Regardless of whether an item was hoisted by opening as a favorite, the hoist/unhoist commands are always shown (if the Tree toolbar is shown) and enabled as appropriate for the current hoist state of the selected item.
It may not be a bug. I may not understand how it is supposed to work. When I hoist an item using the toolbar, the hoist icon is greyed out and the unhoist is not. When I select a favorite via the toolbar, I have it set to hoist that favorite. Even though the favorite is hoisted, both toolbar buttons remain active. The behavior is different and I wonder why.

Jon
Old 08-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Administrator

I'm not seeing that behavior, but it sounds harmless.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
I'm not seeing that behavior, but it sounds harmless.
Yes, I agree. But inconsistent and somewhat confusing since you cannot tell that the tree is hoisted by looking at the state of the icons.

Jon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: