Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2010, 07:58 AM

Customisation annoyance

hi,

there are very few things if any in UR I find positively annoying, but this is definitely one. Say you do some customising in UR - set up some keyboard shortcuts, make some new toolbars and put buttons on them etc. Say you have just one database open while doing this. Then you open another database. You notice your customisations don't show in the new database. So you close that database, you're back with the one you had open when you did the customising, the customisations are now back. You think fine, now if I close and reopen UR the customisations will surely be "set" and will appear in all databases. So you close UR and reopen - and all your customisations are gone. And now you have to put them all back.

This has happened to me quite a few times. It took me a while to work out what was happening and even then I would sometimes forget. So now my rule is: a) never customise UR when you have more than one database open, and b) as soon as you've finished customising, close UR and reopen. That way you can be sure of keeping the customisations and of having them show in all open databases.

It's annoying because customisation is a really strong feature of UR, extremely useful and you can spend a long time setting up your shortcuts etc, only to see it all vanish.

----

Smith-Corona