Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 11-30-2010, 04:25 AM

non-framed html export in dialog

Per a thread in the General Discussion section, I see that if I export a text item to HTML, a frameset appears, along with the unframed page is in a subfolder.

This is fine if you're dealing with a hierarchical set of items that you want exported with a table of contents, etc.

But there are many times I create just a single page (e.g., a sales letter) that I want to put up on a website. I don't need a frameset for such situations.

My suggestion is that another choice be added to the export dialog called "Export items non-hierarchically as HTML files in a folder." No frameset needed... just the items exported into the Windows folder as nicely formatted HTML.

Thanks.
- Bal
Old 11-30-2010, 08:48 AM

Just wondering, the html export of the single item (non-framed HTML page) should stand on its own as an html page, what happens when you open the file (non-framed HTML page) thru Windows Explorer?

From Kinooks response:
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=4707
...The non-framed HTML page and images will be created in a subfolder of the export path (filename_StoredContent\<itemid> ).
Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 AM

Yes - you get the single page I desire, but that export brings a bunch of extra stuff I don't want, which is why I'm posting the suggestion here. I just want the page I'm working on. I don't want the frameset; don't want the sub-folders, etc. Just the page - and any graphics too.

In fact, since all suggestions are fiction until they are made real, let me go just a little wild here: if I have graphics in an item, when I export the item as HTML, I'd like the graphics to be in their own sub-folder (called "images"). This would make housekeeping the set of html and graphics easier.

Finally, and again, I don't know the tech issues involved, if the image exports could be in .png format, that, too, would be cool.

- Bal

PS - As a way of calibrating the intensity of my preference... I was one of the champions of hoisting before that was implemented. For me that was a 9½ on a scale of 1 to 10. I'd put this request at about a 4 or 5.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: