Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:28 PM

selecting paste location redundancy?

Kinook, a question about this.

The implementation of placing data from another application into a specific folder is outstanding.

However, let's say user

from another app, usr selects data & places it in clipboard
user <Win><V>
dialog pops up with tree, other options + action = link or copy. This is a bit confusing to me. It seems if i am using <Win>V does that mean paste, i.e. copy what's in the clipboard. There is no linking to be had.

2nd point is that the action menu defaults to link (alphabetic to paste) so does user now have to change this action to paste as well as using <Win><V>?

I guess I don't understand why the action dialog is in there.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Re: selecting paste location redundancy?

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
Kinook, a question about this.

The implementation of placing data from another application into a specific folder is outstanding.

However, let's say user

from another app, usr selects data & places it in clipboard
user <Win><V>
dialog pops up with tree, other options + action = link or copy. This is a bit confusing to me. It seems if i am using <Win>V does that mean paste, i.e. copy what's in the clipboard. There is no linking to be had.
It depends on what was copied. For instance, if a URL was copied from a browser address bar or a filename from Explorer, link and copy are valid actions, but if a selection on a web page was copied, the Action field can be ignored since it will actually store the selection regardless.

Quote:
2nd point is that the action menu defaults to link (alphabetic to paste) so does user now have to change this action to paste as well as using <Win><V>?

I guess I don't understand why the action dialog is in there.
When using the Copy/Link browser buttons, the Action will depend on which button was pressed. When using the global hotkey, system tray, etc., the default action will depend on 'Tools | Options | Import | Store contents when importing and syncing files and Outlook items'.