Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-09-2007, 06:53 PM

importing - continue processing or not error

Hi

Does any user or Kinook have an answer for this:

When processing a large folder/sub folder of files and internet shortcuts on disk, sometimes there are issues, such as can't find the file the link is pointing to, or 404 error can't retreive page.... Then UR stops and asks each time, can't find such and such, do you want to continue processing or not?...

This prevents me walking away and having the whole process complete fully automatically - Instead I have to answer yes, please continue processing each time.

Is there a setting or a way to have UR just skip past these unreachable URLs/Shortcuts without interrupting the import and/or synchronization process each time there is an error like this, for a manual intervention of Yes/No...

Thanks,

Last edited by igoldsmid; 08-09-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:31 PM

I just had a thought,

if it were possible to, from the user intervention point of view, ignore unreachable files during import - then as a background process, UltraRecall should collect the names/locations of these unreachable files and provide a report at the end, so the the user can investigate the problems after the import process has completed.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Re: importing - continue processing or not error

Quote:
Originally posted by igoldsmid

Is there a setting or a way to have UR just skip past these unreachable URLs/Shortcuts without interrupting the import and/or synchronization process each time there is an error like this, for a manual intervention of Yes/No..
Tried this?
tools/options/ Import (more) automatically skip unreachable URLs
"If this option is checked, no prompts will occur and unreachable URLs will be skipped automatically."
Old 08-09-2007, 10:00 PM

Smile

Thanks $Bill - sorry I should have looked closer and saved you the trouble... simple!

Oops - no, I just looked, I already had that checked. I guess this setting doesn't work for URL's on the hard drive, only for URLs on the Internet... I guess Kinook may need to comment on that?

Last edited by igoldsmid; 08-09-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 PM

That option should skip all bad urls, even invalid shortcuts to local files (in my tests this works as expected).

In any case, if you do get the dialog, hold the Shift key when you click on Yes to continue, and Ultra Recall will continue answering Yes (without prompting) for the duration of the import operation.

If you can provide a reproducible case where the Automatically skip unreachable URLs option isn't honored, please zip and send the files necessary to reproduce to support@kinook.com and we will certainly take a look.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:57 PM

Thanks. Well - part way through, I decided to stop the process - exit out of UR, restart, and then click on the root imported folder - then performed synchronize. And now it is piling through without stopping at all... Go figure...

I'll leave it at that unless I run into any further instances...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: