Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-27-2006, 09:15 PM

Question ref copying links to tree items

I would like to be able to copy a link (Item Command Line) from any Data Explorer Item i.e. the new function: - Cntrl - Shift - I - - and place that link in any other Item's Notes / or Text Details - and thus be able to navigate to any Item in the Data Explorer from a link placed in any other Item's text field.

However, the copied link just pastes as plain text - there is no hyperlink created - or seemingly create-able...

The only way I can get something to the same effect to work, is using Alt Q - copy Item Shortcut to Desktop - then copy that into another Item's Notes. But this is a very clunky way to achive this.

A strange behaviour is that if I drag an Item, into the text field of another item, the Items' Tile is copied to the TExt Field, then UR deletes the Item I just copied!?

Can someone tell me if I am missing something obvious (probably) - or can this not be done? I have checked auto detect URL's in the Options/Editor Tab.

Thanks.

Last edited by igoldsmid; 05-27-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:09 PM

I'm looking for a way to do this as well.

If you copy as a command line argument and then paste you get somethin like:

UltraRecall C:\MyFiles\file.urd /item 1185

when i get around to it I'm going to write a macro that runs this on the command line.

However, if the UR developers were to beat me to this and provide this functionality....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: