Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-29-2006, 07:23 AM

Copying images from web pages

If I copy part of a web page which contains pictures (using Ctrl-C), and then try to paste this into UR (Ctrl-V), the text on the web page is copied, but not the images; is there any way to solve this?

Also, the text copied into UR does not retain the original formatting of the web page, but rather the UR default font; is there any way to retain the original formatting?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Administrator

What browser/version are you copying from? Which version of UR (Help | About | Install Info)? Copy/paste of part of a web page from IE6+, Firefox 1.5+, or Netscape 6+ should include images, as long as 'Tools | Options | Import (More) | Download images' is checked and you paste into the tree (not the details of a text item).
Old 12-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Thank you - when I pasted into the tree, rather than directly into a text item (as I had done in the past), this worked.

Still, I notice that the copying takes quite a long time (a minute or so, rather than instantaneously, as with other applications, such as Evernote) - is this normal? (I'm using version 2.0e of UR, regular version, with Firefox 2.0.0.1.)
Old 12-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Administrator

It may have to download the page and files it references (images, frames, etc.) from the internet, but one minute seems excessive. What is the URL? What sort of internet connection do you have?
Old 02-18-2007, 05:51 PM

sigh

Please could you add the functionality of pasting directly to item together with formating/pictures? Thank you!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to kdelaere
I would say that this is the biggest disappointment in UR that I as an average user would expect. Even if I get a text/image clip from a webpage into the folder structure, it's still read-only web content! My workaround, which is as streamlined as I can get it, is to have a Word item in the tree structure and just paste the content into it, where is gets downloaded as editable, and then cut it and paste where I want it in UR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: