Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-20-2013, 06:13 AM

Accessing rich text editor

I have imported a set of text files from a wiki software (Zim). The files have imported but appear as text in the text editor. I am unable to format them (wrap text for example). I want to open the files in the rich text editor instead but the toolbar is grey. I am sure it is very simple but I cannot figure out how to do this.

So........ help!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Administrator

When importing files, they are stored in their original format (or linked to the original file if not stored). In the case of text files, they will be edited in the syntax coloring text editor by default.

If you just want word wrapping and not text formatting (text files don't support formatting), uncheck Tools | Options | Editor | Use syntax coloring editor for text files. The syntax coloring editor doesn't support wrapping, but when unchecking that option, the RTF editor (which does support wrapping) will be used to edit text files.

Another option would be to convert text files to RTF format when importing and edit them in the rich text editor with full formatting (but this can only be done one file at a time, and the files will be stored in RTF rather than text format). To do this, use File | Import -> A text or rich text file on the menu, enter/browse to a text file, then choose A String for Delimiter Info and enter a string that will not appear in the text file(s) being imported (for instance, !@#$%^&*()_+).

Tags
text editor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: