Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 06-25-2007, 04:59 AM

Search subfolders

Hi,

Since I'm increasingly organising things by saved searches instead of static folders (saves moving everything around to the right place), it would be great if saved searches could behave more like folders.

That is - could the search result items appear not just in the 'results' pane but as actual child items to the search in the data explorer tree? They could be 'multilinked' to the search and to their original parents. That would make them easier to see at a glance, and easier to browse as a group. And it would bring along their sub-items, if any, which would probably be relevant.

Possible?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:39 AM

Brilliant suggestion Hillary.

Regards,
Bal
Old 06-25-2007, 12:27 PM

Re: Search subfolders

Quote:
Originally posted by Hilary
Since I'm increasingly organising things by saved searches instead of static folders (saves moving everything around to the right place), it would be great if saved searches could behave more like folders.
I always have a dilemma what approach to use: either keywords with "smart" search folders, or static one with having same item in several folders.

After trying several times the first approach, I always end up with the classic one. For example, going to an item, I can see all its parents at once, with "smart folders", even though you can have a look at the assigned keywords it's no way to know where it may show up as a result of a search. Or the way the keywords work, I cannot have a "smart" folder of type "assigned nowhere", see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=2697
Old 06-25-2007, 12:29 PM

Re: Search subfolders

Quote:
Originally posted by Hilary
That is - could the search result items appear not just in the 'results' pane but as actual child items to the search in the data explorer tree?
this seems interesting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: