Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 09-17-2014, 05:26 PM

An inexplicable change of behaviour

I have about five UR databases. One of them contains a library of code fragments. Another contains a large reference library of text files.

In the options of the reference library I set the 'Default Rich Text editor font' to be a Serif font because this is easier for reading long pieces of text and set the 'Text document editor font' to be a monospaced Sans Serif font because this is faster to read for short pieces of text.

The reference library also contains some items in HTML format. When I imported the plain text files (FILE.TXT) they were treated as RTF, they were rendered in the serif font, which suited me fine. They have been like this for a while and I have edited some of them.

Suddenly without any change to any of the options all the text files changed to the monospaced sans serif font and aquired a margin down the left hand side with line numbers. The context menu from right clicking in the text also changed and the attributes now show a Document type of 7.

I have managed to get rid of the line numbers and the left hand margin.

As far as I know I didn't do anything to instigate this change and I would like it to go back to the way it was.

It may have changed when I was switching between two documents, one in plain text and the other in HTML.

How do I control this? It would be useful for the library of code fragments to be rendered like this and for the reference library to default to RTF. There is nothing obvious in the options and changing the Document type to 6 on one of the affected documents changes it to show a link inviting me to 'Click here to open stored document', if I click it opens the document in Microsoft Word.

I am probably missing something obvious here.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Administrator

docType of 6 is RTF, 7 is Text.

For Text documents, if Tools | Options | Editor | Use syntax coloring editor for text files is checked, the syntax coloring editor will be used (which has a margin with line numbers), and the font is configured via right-click | Options -> Editor Font in the editor. If unchecked, the rich text editor will be used, with the Tools | Options | Editor | Text document editor font.

For RTF documents, the rich text editor will be used, with the Tools | Options | Editor | Default rich text editor font.

These options apply to all databases.

Ultra Recall does not normally change a document from Text to RTF or vice versa.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: