Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 11-24-2004, 10:38 AM

Scroll to Top?

Is anyone else able to get the Scroll to Top feature to work? When I try to use this feature, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also in Options -> Trees -> Behavior there is a checkbox for "Scroll item to top of tree when going to item." I have this checkbox enabled, but when I go to an item it doesn't automatically scroll to the top.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Administrator

It seems to work as expected here. One possibility is that the tree can't be scrolled up (if there aren't enough items below the selected item for the selected item to move to the top of the tree, and the scroll bar is at the bottom of its range). On the second question, also see the help topic for what things constitute "going to" an item: http://kinook.com/UR/Manual/?gotoinfoitem.htm.

For instance, with UR maximized on a 1024x768 screen and the Data Explorer pane using about 3/4 of the vertical area, if I open the Cameras.urd sample database, scroll down two items to the second search item, and press Ctrl+T (shortcut for Scroll to Top), that item scrolls to become the top item in the tree. I also have the option you mentioned checked, and if I then double-click on the 'Canon Powershot S410' item in Search Results, that item is selected in the explorer tree and moves up as far as possible (in my case it becomes the third item in the visible tree area because there aren't enough items below it to scroll completely to the top). If I then go back (Alt+Left arrow), the tree scrolls as each previous item is moved to the top of the tree. Is that not the behavior you're seeing or were you expecting different behavior?
Old 11-26-2004, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
[B]It seems to work as expected here. One possibility is that the tree can't be scrolled up (if there aren't enough items below the selected item for the selected item to move to the top of the tree, and the scroll bar is at the bottom of its range).
Yes, that was the problem. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: