Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Data Entry

I may be missing something, but I want to be able to enter a Due Date when I click on a new task. It appears that I have to click on the Item Attributes window and enter the due date there. Shouldn't I be prompted to enter a due date after enter some descriptive text for the task?

Secondly, it does not appear to be an easy way to modify the attributes of a Note. What if I wanted to add a Due Date field to a Note type. What are the steps that need to be followed to modify the existing Note template and have all Notes entered after the modification to take on the properties of the Changed Note type?

I notice that a Taks has a System and Task Attribute. I want my Notes to have the same behaviour.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:01 PM

I think you do have to go to the Item Attributes pane to specify a due date. The keyboard shortcuts are helpful - ctrl-4 to focus the attributes pane, then use the arrow keys to move through the attributes and tab to the one you want to edit. You can also tab through the attributes and edit them in succession.

You could add Due Date to a note by focusing the item attributes pane and then using Insert. You will be prompted to specify a new attribute or select from one of the existing attributes in your database.

You can follow the same method for adding default attributes to an item type. For example, select the Text template item, then go to the attributes pane and use Insert to add other default attributes (clear the value of the attribute after you add it unless you want all new items from the template to have that as a default value). So, you can add Due Date to the Text note type and then any future items of that type will have the Due Date attribute.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the quick feedback. I guess I'll have to get used to entering the item (note, task, etc.) then move over to the Attributes window and add any additional information.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: