Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2005, 10:41 AM

support/feature frustration before buying

I have several lengthy questions and have been attempting to call someone to no avail. Since I am forced to use the forum, I will, but it makes me wonder what kind of support I will receive when I really need it.

1) We will have 5-10 'admin' people, all working from a shared database. We will have an additional number who want to read but will not be able to add/modify anything. Some of these are onsite, some will connect via VPN or ASP page, a few with have all options available. Is your software compatible with what we need?

2) Is there any way to e-mail things from UR? Currently, we have many documents in folders which we simply attach to e-mails as needed. It sounds like we may need to continue to maintain that instead of allowing it to be absorbed into UR. Is this correct?

3) Is there a way to 'lock' portions of the tree? We are wanting to build a database including technical info (for service/customer service), articles and sales tools (for sales) and project tracking (for admin types). The first two categories would need to see only their branch of the database, admin would need access to all of them. Is this possible?

4) If #3 is not possible, is there a way to easily replicate only a portion of the main database for each department? I would prefer if this could be automatic (via linked databases) or automated.

5) What is the limit of concurrent connections to the database?

We have not committed to purchase UR yet but it is leading the pack as far as features go. If the above questions can be answered/resolved, it would make it easier for us to come to a consensus about the purchase.

Thanks.