Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 10-28-2007, 05:29 PM

<SHFT><DEL> - not

In another thread <SHFT><DEL> deletes all references to an item linked externally & users wanted more warning that this would happen. I agree however in my situation which is:

From my email program (The Bat!) I save selected emails in ".eml" format & place them in a special folder which is linked to URp in my GTD folder.

As I work thru these emails, I <SHFT><DEL> them out of my db. Yet when I Re-synch <CRL><F5> with that special email folder, these same emails re-appear. What's that about?

I thought the purpose of the <SHFT><DEL> command was to permanently delete *both* item & original file whether it is in outlook or elsewhere. I don't use outlook. I use elsewhere ;-) and this function is not working here.

w2k-sp4
Old 10-29-2007, 01:51 AM

Jan,

After doing the Shift-Delete, in the warning screen that is returned, do you have the check box selected?

It's not mentioned in your post, that's why I ask.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:23 AM
Administrator

If the 'Also delete synchronized Outlook objects or external files' option is checked, it should delete (to the Windows Recycle Bin) any URLs to local files for deleted items (it does in our tests).
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ashwken
After doing the Shift-Delete, in the warning screen that is returned, do you have the check box selected?[snip]
Yes, it's checked.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
If the 'Also delete synchronized Outlook objects or external files' option is checked, it should delete (to the Windows Recycle Bin) any URLs to local files for deleted items (it does in our tests).
It doesn't here. Was this tested on w2k-sp4 OS? Suggested solutions?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Administrator

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3038
Old 10-29-2007, 07:21 AM

Was your test on w2k-sp4 machine?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Yes. I tested by dragging a file into UR, then Shift+Deleting it (with the external option checked), and the external file was moved to the Recycle Bin.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I tested what you described & it worked here, too.

However, it does not work in the scenario that I described which is different from your test. If you can test that & confirm then maybe I have a unique problem.

I don't know what the difference should//would be between my scenario & your test but IMO any developer who naturally wants a user to describe the circumstances under which the problem occurs, should test it under that scenario so we know we are on the same page.

Edited 10/29/07 04:16 pm: Thank you Kinook & Quant. Now working here, too. Don't know what the problem was, however.

I created a new folder in Explorer & drag / drop to URp explorer. Moved all emails from former folder to new folder & tested again. This deleted connected files to MS recycle bin.

Last edited by janrif; 10-29-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Administrator

In our tests, importing a folder containing .eml files, then permanently deleting item(s) in the folder in UR (with external option checked) deletes them from UR (and to the Recycle Bin in Explorer), and syncing the folder item does not bring them back.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
In our tests, importing a folder containing .eml files, then permanently deleting item(s) in the folder in UR (with external option checked) deletes them from UR (and to the Recycle Bin in Explorer), and syncing the folder item does not bring them back.
I can confirm this on my side ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: