Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Question Attribute value linking?

Is it possible to automate/link attribute values in different info items? As an example (re: GTD implementation based on the template provided by Kevina http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=1682):

I would like to set up tasks under a project with the "@NextAction" attribute linked to the task flag above it in the data explorer tree so that when I flag a task as complete, the "@NextAction" attribute for the next task in the tree changes from "no" to "yes"

Ultimately, this will enable me to set up projects with several child tasks (actionable steps). The top task under the project in the tree will have an "@NextAction" attribute value = "yes" and all other tasks below it will = "no". Then upon flagging that task as complete, the next task in that project will automatically become the current Next Action. I can then set up custom searches to only display the Next actions for all of my projects, and the search results will update the current Next Actions as I flag each previous item as complete.

I've been amazed at how powerful and customizable UR is, so I'm hoping this functionality exists If not, perhaps this thread belongs in the suggestions section

Thanks to all for any advice!

Drew
Old 01-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator

It's not possible for an attribute's value to be derived from the value of an attribute from another item.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: