Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-27-2007, 02:29 AM

Folder synchronisation issues

I am finding some unexpected behaviour when synchronising folders, and I wonder if anybody has any tips.

1) I create a folder and then, using "Import files ...", I highlight 1000 picture files to import to it. Perhaps 200 are imported and then the import finishes without error message.

2) I synchronise that same folder with Ctrl-F5. It shows it is adding files, but when it finishes it does not show those extra files as items in that folder. If I leave UR then start it again, I DO see those extra files.

3) I very often get "unable to open database file" errors when synchronising.

4) When I synchronise a Window's directory to a UR folder, then add a new file to that directory outside of UR (for example a document that I created in Word and saved to that directory), the manual suggests that when I synchronise again that new document will be added as a new document. With me that's not always happening. I have to reimport to get that new document into UR.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Graham

Last edited by grahamrhind; 03-27-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM

Issue #1 is due to a limitation of the Windows File Open dialog, which you can verify by seeing that only the actually imported files are displayed (the limitation is actually based on the string length of the concatenated filenames) in the Import Wizard after the "Select Files for Import" dialog is closed...

Issue #2 & 4: we can't reproduce these two related issues, can you reproduce this with a small test .urd file and some test files and folders? If so, please zip and forward (the zipped .urd file and folder structure) to support@kinook.com for our analysis. Also include a regedit export of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options.

Issue #3: I suspect that this might be due to a conflict between your anti-virus software and Ultra Recall. May I ask what A/V software (or related type applications) you are using?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:13 AM

Sorry for the delay - real work keeps getting in the way ;-)

The problems seem to be sporadic and I can't reproduce it at the moment - I'll repost if it reappears. Concerning #1, I don't really understand the comment - it doesn't make sense to me. In the dialogue concerned I see all of the file names that I have selected. But, in any case, I think it would be very useful if you would add an error handling routine for the next release so that the user at least knows that they can't import more than n files, or that all the requested files couldn't be imported.

For information, I am using Kraspersky 6 and Zone Alarm 7.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Administrator

If your anti-virus and/or anti-spyware software have active scanning or real-time scanning functions, try adding UltraRecall.exe to its list of apps to exclude from active scanning.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grahamrhind
For information, I am using Kraspersky 6 and Zone Alarm 7.
Are you using two antivirus softwares at the same time? Why not use one, that is superior to both? ;-)
http://www.eset.com/products/compare...ompetition.php
Old 04-02-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
Are you using two antivirus softwares at the same time?
Er, no. Kraspersky is an anti-virus package, Zone Alarm is a firewall....
Old 04-02-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grahamrhind
Er, no. Kraspersky is an anti-virus package, Zone Alarm is a firewall....
it's "Kaspersky", only some of the hackers misspelled it to Kraspersky ;-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: