Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2008, 12:47 PM

Does Make VS 2005 action support x64?

My problem is similar to the thread titled x64 borken?

I am trying to build both x64 and x86 on a machine with AMD64 processor. I saw a warning message when "Make VS 2005" action is executed indicating that VCBUILD.exe is called instead of MSBUILD.exe. This is okay because we are building VC++ projects. On a 32 bit machine, the VCBUILD.EXE at c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\vc\vcpackages is called. This is fine. But on the AMD64 machine, the 32 bit version of VCBUILD.EXE instead of 64 bit of VCBUILD.EXE is called.

The 32 bit VCBUILD.EXE is in c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\vc\vcpackages, while the 64 bit version of VCBUILD.EXE are located in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\vc\vcpaclages and c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\vc\bin\amd64 dir. Even though the wrong version of VCBUILD.EXE is called but the build seemed finished okay and .dll and .exe were generated. My question is how do we select which VCBUILD.EXE to be run.

Yes, I have used the options tab to override which version of VCBUILD.EXE to run. But when I specified the 64 bit version of VCBUILD.EXE, it ran into a bag of worms like we need to ryn the vcvarsamd64.bat to set up the environament vars etc.. But I could not get it work. Any help is appreciated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: