Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
[i]What I need is to be able to store all my docs (*.pdf, *.doc, *.xls, *.ppt, *.xml, *.mdb) in UR serving as an archive and be able to paste it into an Outlook email message when I have a client that needs it. Now I open the doc, save it to the desktop, and then attach it. I need a cleaner solution. [/B]
it works with Thunderbird (File -> Send) but should most probably work with Outlook as well, so there is definitely some problem ... (I never used Outlook)

While one can store all the files inside UR, I prefer not to do that:
- importing takes long
- while everything is keyworded, when searching you cannot get to the point where the searched word is inside the document
- while UR search is powerful, it cannot match, and probably never will the software that specialize of this

I store inside UR only snippets of informations from files that I have processed and deem crucial to have direct access inside UR. Otherwise my database would get filled with unimportant informations and any search would return much more hits and make it less effective.
Instead, all somehow important/relevant documents are in a special (name and content) indexed folders so I'm one keyboard touch away from them (Launchy). For searching inside documents I use SearchInform with morphology/phrase/similarity/closedeness search that UR will never be able to provide ...
Old 04-16-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RTSullins
<snip>be able to paste it into an Outlook email message

Using XP sp2, Outlook 2003, URp3.0.4

I can successfully use File/Send to send a stored or linked Word or pdf file....or several of them if all are selected...

I CANNOT drag a file from UR into an Outlook email to have it attached.

I reported this during the 3.0 beta and the response was that Outlook does not appear to support the drag and drop of virtual data by the method they were using at the time. I do NOT know if this is true of the released 3.0.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by RTSullins
Using File | Send also fails.

I get two new alert boxes

1) Microsoft Office Outlook "The operation failed" [OK]

then

2) Ultra Recall Professional "Send Mail failed to send Message" [OK]
This sounds like a MAPI/Outlook configuration issue. Some possibilities: http://tinyurl.com/2h4akn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: