Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM

Apology for Going Over the Top

Kevin, other K folk, forum members, I apologize to you all for going way over the top on the weekend when I discovered problems getting stuff from Firefox into UltraRecall.

While not intended to excuse my manic posts, I found myself on the w/e with an impossible deadline tied to a paying assignment. Nonetheless that doesn't justify my rudeness, for which I am sorry.

I will be sending posts of a similar nature to the groups on which I also ranted.

As an update, I can provide the following:
* I haven't had a chance to do the registry cleaning, and frankly I am afraid of that, based on what people have told me about doing anything with the registry.
* Launchy has again started moving web pages into UR, but in text form, ie they don't look like web pages. I am not sure why any of this is happening.
* When I want to open a linked web page, instead of directly opening the page in UR, I get a message saying to use the link to open the page; when I press the link the page opens in Firefox. I don't know why this is happening as it seems what should be a one-step process now takes two steps -- plus if the page is linked to UR in the first place, I would prefer it to open in UR (and they used to, so that's a change also).

So I am going to try to work through these issues, and would appreciate anyone's suggestions. My main wish is to get web pages opening looking like web pages, and linked paged opening in UR rather than Firefox.

Thanks for your patience with me.

Daly
Old 03-28-2007, 12:55 PM

Other Apologies Sent

I have just now sent apologies for my ranting to Outlinersoftware.com, and to my Yahoo GTD group, the two other groups I also vented on during the weekend.

Again, I apologize for losing it on the weekend.

Daly