Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 05:41 PM

Reminder pop up not on top

While using UR, a reminder was triggered. The systray reminder showed up, an extra item became visible on the task bar but did not pop up on top of the main UR window. Is this expected behavior or is this another setting? Thanks.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Administrator

UR tries its level best to bring the Reminder dialog to the foreground if both related options are checked at 'Tools | Options | Search/Reminders', and this does work in our tests on W2K and XP.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
UR tries its level best to bring the Reminder dialog to the foreground if both related options are checked at 'Tools | Options | Search/Reminders', and this does work in our tests on W2K and XP.
Does this work when UR is open in a window, i.e. not full screen? pls zip & send me file..... just kidding. :-)

I think, in my case, that URp is acting like the entire program is on top of everything else & that may be part of the situation cited above. Even if I call for help, it appears on the taskbar but not over URp window, i.e. I have to minimize URp to see help. Same for downloading a file.

As an experiment, I have made URp my default browser but this situation existed before I did that.

Closing/Re-opening URp solved this 'problem'......??

Last edited by janrif; 03-21-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
I'm noticing that URp changes status on my desktop. Sometimes it's on top of everything -- including it's own reminders mentioned before -- but also on top of every other program, i.e. email client, etc.

I can't document this, i.e. conditions/when/how it happens but it is happening. Any clues that I could follow up on? What could be causing this? Thanks for any advice/helpsuggestions, etc.

30 Mar 07 10:11 AM I can still confirm that URp's window status changes but still can't connect it to anything specific. Any further thoughts on this would be appreciated as it is a minor PITA.

Last edited by janrif; 03-30-2007 at 09:16 AM.