Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 04:59 PM

Solution: Mark, Gather, Hoist

Created new category called merely, "Hoist". Then dragged logical links of specific items requiring focus, to the Hoist category.

But this presents another problem: I place the Hoist category at the very bottom of the tree, so that nothing distracting my focus appears on screen below the Hoist. But, if I ADD new items to a category that is logically linked to Hoist, the tree expands to accommodate it -- in BOTH the logical link and in the original item's location.

QUESTION: Is there any way to suppress tree expansion of an item where its original resides, so that new items can be added to its clone, allowing for tree expansion at the CLONE's location?

Big tree is unwieldy when it insists on expanding automatically. Options has no effect (tried all the tree expansion settings, i.e., "automatically expand when moving a subcategory to parent" etc.)
Old 12-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Please see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=1391 for a consolidated discussion on future enhancements of UR related to this topic.