Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 09-01-2011, 04:18 PM

stringing URP and PersonalBrain?

I recently purchased PersonalBrain 6. Like URP, one of the things it does is to let me specify links to local files and open those files from within PB.

What I'd like to do is create links between specific items between PB and URP - a kind of transit center. Neither URP nor PB allow me to drag and drop items from one to the other. URP does create desktop shortcuts, which, when clicked will open URP to the exact item.

Cool - so I created a shortcut and tested it. It works as advertised.

So I dragged the shortcut into PB, hoping it would simply activate the shortcut and let it do it's work. So far, it's not working. It activates the URP window, but does not move the focus to the desired item.

Any idea what might be the problem and/or how to fix it?

Thanks.
- Bal
Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Administrator

You can use Item | Copy Item Command-Line to create a URL/hyperlink that can be pasted into other applications (for instance, the Run dialog, IE, Word, etc.) to launch UR and select an item. I don't know if PersonalBrain supports launching of URLs/hyperlinks.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:19 AM

well - I can get the desktop shortcut to work. But when I drag it into Word, I get this error message: The object used to create this object is a package. The program is either not installed or is not responding. To edit this object, install Package or ensure that any dialog boxes in Package are closed.

I don't really know what this means.

When I do the inline URL copy and paste it into Word and ctrl+click the link, nothing happens. Additionally, the link starts with ur://C:/Users/bal

Shouldn't that be url and not ur?

- Bal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: