Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 11-16-2005, 10:38 AM

Backspace in Item Details

Is there a way to modify the behavior of the backspace key when the focus is in the item details pane? In particular, when I'm typing text into a text field of a web browser window, I find that if I type the backspace key (like, I want to fix a typo), rather than backspacing over text it wants to navigate to the previous item detail page. It's very frustrating to have been typing a long bit of text and mistakenly hit backspace, only to find that all of the text is now lost as a result.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Administrator

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior (Backspace in an edit control in the internal browser backspaces in the edit control). What steps cause that behavior?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:08 AM

I see. It turns out it is a bit of flakiness that comes from using the Mozilla browser control inside UR rather than the default IE control. When I switched it back to IE, the problem went away.

The steps are (when using the Mozilla control), open a browser window in the main window, place the cursor in an edit box or text area, and press the backspace key. This causes UR to display the previous page, rather than backspace over the previous character.

I understand the Mozilla control is not supported.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: