Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 07-23-2007, 12:12 PM

step script written in script editor doesn't work, why?

When I paste vbscript in the step tab of the script editor on certain steps, like a 'Group' or 'Delete Folder' action step, it doesn't go through and implement the script. When I paste it on the step tab for a 'Surround SCM' action step, specifically to do a checkout, it works. Why is that?

I want to add a line of vbscript (which I've already done) which updates a macro to know what group steps just started being build. That way, if a failure occurs, I can build the right undo checkout and also send that piece of information along with the e-mail notification of failure. I would prefer to update the macro as soon as the build process enters a group folder, and I though I could take advantage of the script editor to avoid adding another action step. Thank you for your help.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Script events work for any kind of step. Attached is a sample with script events for Group and Delete Folder steps.
Attached Files
File Type: bld stepevent.bld (1.1 KB, 1303 views)
Old 07-23-2007, 05:02 PM

Thank you. That works great. I hope to implement something like this in my project.

Another issue that I have is when I call a function or subroutine in the step tab that is declared in the global or project tab (or its body is written in the global or project tab), it doesn't give me an error but it doesn't seem to work right. That is possible, right? I want to declare the functions in the global tab, to have them in the .Global.scripts file to save in Surround, and just call them in the step tab for any step when needed. I was trying to use the Step objects like the "vbldStepStatSucceeded," etc., but I suppose that only works in the step tab. Am I right? I'll continue to work with that issue. I'll appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you again.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Administrator

I didn't quite follow your question. Please ZIP and send or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) The .bld file
3) A build log file
4) The .Global.scripts and .steps files

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: