Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-11-2008, 08:51 PM

Justification of Project Template

Why is Project a Core (system) Template? It's functionally similar to Task Template, isn't it? On the other hand, it's functionally different than the usual project managemnt Please enlighten me.

Armstrong
Old 01-12-2008, 03:03 AM

Re: Justification of Project Template

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
Why is Project a Core (system) Template? It's functionally similar to Task Template, isn't it? On the other hand, it's functionally different than the usual project managemnt Please enlighten me.
The Project Template would seem to be an unexplained example of a user-created template.

It shows (Ctrl-4 to expose the Item Attribute Pane) that it is based on the Text Template (see the value for the System | Template Item attribute), and shows that the Icon for an Item can be changed. It is also used as the Default Child Template for the Projects folder, which furthers its purpose as an example.

It is also the only default template that can be deleted (easily), I don't think it's considered a Core Template.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:38 AM

ashwken,
First things first, I was way WRONG. You're right that Project isn't a core template. I tested your view by deleting the Project Info item and run Compact and Repair... No, it can't be restored. Sorry for my oversight and my misrepresentation. I should have consulted the manual first.

Now it comes to the fun part. After being prodded by your enlightenment, I went back to the manual. It indicates that neither Appontment nor Task are Core Template, is it? The interesting question: How are gorgeous forms for Appontments and Tasks created? Is it beyond the mortal's gift?

Armstrong
Old 01-12-2008, 03:50 AM

Perhaps, Kinook may wish to append a wet-floor disclaimer:
1. "Project" is intended as an "example of a user-created template."
2. "Project" cannot perform Project Management.
Armstrong
Old 01-12-2008, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
... I went back to the manual. It indicates that neither Appontment nor Task are Core Template, is it? The interesting question: How are gorgeous forms for Appontments and Tasks created? Is it beyond the mortal's gift?
Im not sure what the distinction is for a Core Template, maybe it's a programming/structure thing, it may help to think of these as default templates.

Look at (Ctrl-4) the Template | Primary Attribute value for Contact, Appointment, and Task - Contact is a Contact Info, where Appointment and Task are Outlook Object.

I have no idea what the difference is, must be a programming thing.

Although the user can create Forms, if Outlook mappable attributes are used on the Form they will not be sycn-able with Outlook. If syncing with Outlook is required, then you need to use the default templates supplied (either as is, or renamed).

Maybe this will change in the next release.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: