Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 09-07-2005, 09:57 AM

Option to disable reset button on saved searches

Please add an option on the search feature to allow user to deactivate the reset button on saved searches.

Currently, the problem is that when the user presses the reset button on saved searches accidentally (and this has happened to me on complicated searches) I sometimes have to rebuild my fussy search. This is difficult in some cases. You can tell me that I can perform an undelete, but this is not always possible, particularly when one finds out the saved search was destroyed after going some steps forward in the database. This has happend to me and it is annoying.

I'd feel more confortable with UR if a feature directed to not allow easily override a saved search gets implemented. Do you have anything in mind?

Leoram

Last edited by Leoram; 09-07-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:27 PM

All searches are "saved" searches, so is your request to disable the Reset button on all searches except those predefined in a new Info Database (or maybe disabled for all but the Quick Search Info Item)?

Obviously the easy way to reverse the Reset of a search is to immediately Undo (Ctrl+Z), but it sounds like you have seen situations where you have accidentally (??) reset a search, made several other changes then wanted simply restore the search (without undoing the other changes)...

This is the first report of this being an issue for users, and the first request to conditionally disable the reset functionality. Are there other users out there desiring this behaviour?
Old 09-09-2005, 02:46 PM

The option to disable the Reset button (to my understanding) should only affect searches saved by the user. Template searches could be left undisabled, that is, those predefined in a new Info Database like Quick Search Info Item.

Thanks for being receptive.

Leoram
Old 02-15-2006, 03:13 PM

adding to Leoram's point...

it would be VERY helpful if there was a 'switch' to disable reset, and indeed disable any modification to a saved search. This switch would be active on any single saved search - its use would affect only one saved search, but could be set on any number of individual saved searches, one at a time...

perhaps Kevin could add as an item system attribute - something like: "lock saved search" yes/no ? just a thought...

Last edited by igoldsmid; 02-15-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: