Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-18-2011, 04:34 AM

False Search Results ?

When I do an advanced search "Default Child Template" "Not" "Equals" "Text", I get ALL my items as a result, when in fact most of them have indeed that default child template, as can be seen when selecting them, one by one, and checking the attributes pane. (Please note the NOT in the search expression.)

In the attributes pane, those attributes "Template Item" and "Default Child Template" are given without any icon (as expected), whereas in the advanced search, the "Text" part is proposed only WITH an icon (since there is a drop down list of given templates) - is it there, the error, do I again something wrong, or is it a known issue ?

The aim of my search is, of course, to identify the (rare) exceptions of my rule that almost all items should have text items as default child items, and to check if there are items that don't have that default child template by accident, it is not to have ALL my items in the finds list, 99,9 p.c. of them there by error.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Administrator

This is fixed in the latest build (UltraRecall.exe 4.2.0.9).
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=4608
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM

Oh, I see, thank you very much. In the meantime, I discovered another bug which probably has also been fixed: I assign the ("user-defined") keyword "net" to some items, in order to have a to-do-list for (grouped) net research, and in the same way, "print" in order to print various items in a row when at the office. Well, ALL my items are "found" as "matching" results... my cross on "search only user-defined keywords" notwithstanding...

BTW, UR's cloning feature being such a marvel, keywords ain't that necessary in general, but I'm trying them for "to do's", whereas cloning, in this scenario, is for things belonging permanently into two or more categories... but then, for the time being, for a to-do, whilst the keyword ASSIGNMENT is faster than cloning into another (= to do) category, the REMOVAL of a (not needed anymore) clone is faster than that of a (not needed anymore) keyword: So I'm in doubt as to whether even for to-do's, cloning's not perhaps the better way...

But, again and again, UR's cloning feature is outstanding and sheer joy to put in use.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Administrator

This is fixed in the latest release (4.2a).
Old 02-26-2011, 07:53 AM

I had thought so. Just great! ;-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: