Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 01-22-2005, 10:49 PM

User Input Forms

I would like the ability to create my own data entry forms based on the Attributes for a specific item. It is very cumbersome to create a Child Item and then have to click on the Attributes pane to enter other data, such as a Due Date. I would like to Auto-Hide the Attributes pane, but can't do this now because any task I have willl have a Due Date.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:05 PM

Custom Item Detail Pane forms (like the Contacts template entry form) are on our todo list.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
Custom Item Detail Pane forms (like the Contacts template entry form) are on our todo list.
A program called Smart Outline 2005 provides a library of pre-formatted forms, as well as the ability to make your own forms.

However, this program does not offer the wide ranging information management features that UR does.

However, it would be wonderful to have such forms available for UR.

Daly
Old 02-12-2005, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
I'd like to add my vote for this feature.

The current Contact Info form is nicely formatted. It would be great to allow users to create forms and control their appearance to a similar degree.

However, even a crude form creation capability that merely allowed the user to select a set of Item Attributes for Info Items of a specific type, order those attributes for the purposes of display, and then have the attributes displayed -- in order, one to a line, with a fixed size input control for each -- would be a great advance over the current situation.

In the absence of the ability for users to create forms, providing a To Do template with a form for input would be valuable to me and at least one other poster who mentioned it. The most basic attributes for To Do items are probably Priority and Due Date.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: