Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 11-30-2008, 12:10 AM

Unable to insert Date Created attribute

There is some problem that prevents me from being able to insert the Date Created attribute on an item.

I right-click in the empty white space of the Item Attributes pane, and click Insert, then I type in "Date Created" for the attribute name ("Date Created" is not available in the drop-down list, why not?)

Then I give it a Category of System and a Type of Date+Time, when I click insert an error MessageBox appears: "Error inserting attribute: Attribute names must be unique (case-insensative comparison)"

I can, however, create a new attribute with the name "Date Created" (NOTE the two spaces between "Date" and "Created"... this works because it doesn't conflict with the name "Date Created" which is a built-in System attribute, but why doesn't it show up in my list of attributes?

Also, when I use the Advanced Search interface it doesn't show up in that list of attributes either.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:18 AM

You need to take a look at Tools | Attributes - Category = System, you'll find Date Created already exists.

You might also look at Tools | Options | Attributes - to display, this controls which System Attributes will display in the IA Pane (Ctrl-3).
Old 07-13-2012, 01:18 PM

Question Find and Seach on Date Created? Date Last Edited?

For some reason the "Date Created" is NOT showing in my "Item Attributes" pane even though it is checked under: Tools | Options | Attributes

Is there a way to restore this display?

Also, is there any way to search for "Date Created"? I'd like to check for any new items added in a conflicted (Dropbox) copy of my database.

Finally, is there some type of system attribute associated with the last date/time edited? If so:
-- what is this attribute called?
-- can a search be done on the dates associated with this attribute?

Thanks,
Metta
Old 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Does repairing the database help? If not, please send the info at http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3038

Normally, you can do an advanced search on Date Create or Date Modified to search on the create date and modified date of an item.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...ncedsearch.htm
Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 PM

Smile

Thanks so much for your prompt feedback and follow-up! I'll look into your recommendations this weekend, and then let you know how I fare.....

Many thanks!
Metta

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: