Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 11-28-2008, 11:37 AM

Child Item Pane: multi-line entries showing also first lines of content

I would really appreciate if there would be a better way to get an idea of the item's content residing inside a folder. Outlook e. g. uses list items having 2 lines to show more information (see attached Outlook11PreviewPanel.jpg).

I know, one can configure the child item pane to show the Item Text attribute, but it's a column of a 1 line record only. Also I found out, that UR raises a popup showing more of the content when mouse gets over the Item Text column - really fancy feature!

But does not come up to see the first few content lines of all items at a glance.

Will there ever be a chance to see a child item pane showing also the first few lines (configurable?) of the content per item below the currently shown columns?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:40 AM

The above mentioned image.
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 PM

you could set "wrap long cell text" in the settings, but that would probably not be very nice.

ps:
I don't use outlook, but seems that it also shows only the first line, and not 2 as you mention ;-)

Last edited by quant; 11-28-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:02 PM

Wow - that's (almost) what I need.

Attached an sample urd to explain what I meant previously. There you can see that when an wrapped item text column is shown in the child item pane this leads into a lot of unused space at the columns having less informational content.

The outlook snapshot from above shows that they use a list control where list items show attributes on more than one line (e. g. the marked item in the inbox folder from above shows the sender "Jensen Harris", a date/time and below the subject which spans the whole second line).

So maybe Kinook could think over enriching the child item list in a similar manner.

Apart from that the wrapped item text column in my attached sample urd shows additionally a need for some minor improvements concerning item text of non-text items:

(1) special characters/formats result in a visually irritating boxed character - simply replace by an space(?)
(2) remove starting line feeds until the first line containing information
(3) trim multiple line feeds to a single one

Maybe there is chance to get the non-text item-text improvements implemented?
Attached Files
File Type: zip testitemtextmultiline.zip (237.2 KB, 1232 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: