Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-26-2013, 03:35 PM

direct exposure of just an item's URL

Right-click an item and you can select "Copy with URL." Which is fine if you are pasting inside URP. But if you want to paste the URL into another application, you have first paste it so as to create a link. Then you have to right-click the link and select Properties to view the Properties dialog and then you can copy the URL itself for the item.

I suggest that there be another menu item: Copy the URL.

I'd also like to suggest that URP enable me to pick multiple items, right click, and click a menu item called "Copy All Selected URLs."

- Bal
Old 06-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmuse View Post
Right-click an item and you can select "Copy with URL." Which is fine if you are pasting inside URP. But if you want to paste the URL into another application, you have first paste it so as to create a link. Then you have to right-click the link and select Properties to view the Properties dialog and then you can copy the URL itself for the item.
A couple options for copying just the URL from UR:

1) Select the item, then go to the Item Attributes pane (Ctrl+4), right-click the URL attribute and select Copy.

2) Create a form (Tools | Forms -> Insert) with just a URL attribute and assign it to the Document template item's Form attribute (My Data -> Templates -> Document). Then after selecting a document item, select the URL in the form and copy.

Quote:
I suggest that there be another menu item: Copy the URL.

I'd also like to suggest that URP enable me to pick multiple items, right click, and click a menu item called "Copy All Selected URLs."

- Bal
We'll consider it. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:23 PM

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you're talking about?

I do see a URL attribute that can be inserted into the Attributes pane, but when I do it defaults to blank. It is not populated with the item's URL. I can insert a URL, but that's not what I want.

Am I missing something?

- Bal
Old 06-27-2013, 03:33 AM
Administrator

See the screen recording at http://www.kinook.com/Download/Temp/docformurl.zip (note that you will need a modern ZIP app [a recent version of WinZip or 7-Zip will work] to unzip since a newer compression method is used).
Old 06-27-2013, 02:44 PM

I watched your video. I think I need to clarify what I want. So I've created a video for you.

http://screencast.com/t/C6U1gNAeUM

Does the process you showed enable me to do what I show in my video?

Thanks.
- Bal
Old 06-27-2013, 03:09 PM

I thought that was what you wanted when I read your note.

I believe that Item|Copy Item Command Line will do what you need provided the Options|Miscellaneous has the appropriate format.

Works for me in Word with ur://%DB_URL%?item=%ITEM%
Old 06-27-2013, 03:51 PM

Thank you $bill. I've been a long time user, and there are still things waiting for me to discover.

- Bal
Old 06-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Administrator

To insert an internal link to another item within a UR item's text, you don't need to use 'Copy with URL' -- you can just use a regular copy.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...nallinking.htm

'Copy with URL' does more than a regular copy -- it also copies the item's title and its URL attribute (if it is has a URL attribute) as text for pasting into other applications, but I now realize that's not what you were trying to do.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...therapplic.htm

Copying the URL of the UR item itself (regardless of what type of item it is) for linking to the UR item from other applications is accomplished as $bill indicated, via Item | Copy Item Command-Line.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...miscdialog.htm
Old 06-27-2013, 07:24 PM

I've been playing with this a bit and think I have a better grasp of it. Thanks.

- Bal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: