Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 09-05-2004, 07:10 PM

Easier way to open VBP projects which are used as a step

[VBP 5.5]

I call other .bld projects using the step Misc->VisBuildPro Project. I regularly would like to open the referenced project for editing (in a new VBP instance). What's the easiest way of opening the project?
Currently I select the .bld step and Rebuild Selected, then quickly break it when it opens in a new VBP copy, it's the most convenient for me so far.
I was hoping there was a "Open" or "Open Project" in the popup menu of this step, but I didn't see it. I would like to suggest such a menu item. If that's not possible (the menu doesn't seem to be context sensitive: all steps use the same popup menu?) perhaps the Step Properties->Project tab could have a "Open Project" button to the right of the Filename editbox (or similar) ? (less useful than though, there are more steps involved)
Note that Recent Files doesn't help me much in this case (if the file is in there anyway) : I don't want the current project to close.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:14 PM

That's what the Shell button on the Step Properties dialog is for - click Shell, then Launch from the popup menu (or Alt+E, L).
Old 09-05-2004, 09:38 PM

Excellent, that's fast enough for me. I had only tried the Shell options on a Run Command step which doesn't make much sense ('Help' does what it says though I see now ). Thank you very much!
Old 09-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Administrator

You can use it any time the focused field's value (or selection within it) is a valid filename or path.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: