Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2010, 07:57 AM

Rules

I would be helpful to be able to create rules.

My initial thought would be able to assign a rule that would automatically assign specified keywords based on text documents that are placed into specific folder.

--- or ---

When a text document is assigned specific keywords to automatically assign the text document to a specific folder.

Rules can be expanded upon in lots of ways ( almost infinite ).
Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 AM

Re: Rules

Quote:
Originally posted by JGM22
I would be helpful to be able to create rules.

When a text document is assigned specific keywords to automatically assign the text document to a specific folder.
Think of Saved Searches as folders, search criteria as rules.

When a text document is assigned a keyword that meets the criteria of the Saved Search "folder", UR will "automatically assign the text document to a specific folder. "

Last edited by $bill; 06-28-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 AM

Virtual Folders

Sure, the searches produce virtual folders but in reality, the physical Documents / Items still reside is the same physical location it was last placed. I realize the power of the searches and that is one of the main reasons why I purchased UR, but I also would prefer to organize the documents into physical folders opposed to keeping all 1600 documents in a single folder and creating tons of searches that act as virtual folders.

I suppose I would use Outlook rules as an example, I create lots of folders to organize my archived email instead of keeping all of the email in my inbox and creating lots of views.

I would like for UR to use the rules concept from Outlook to allow documents to be auto assigned into folders and other various tasks.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 AM

There could be other uses of rules, too. For instance a rule such that when I click an item, URP4 asks if I want to load a related website (or optionally just loads it). Rules would be cool.