Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 11-23-2004, 08:30 PM

OLE in Ultra Recall

Use OLE to view documents within the Item Details pane, for non-supported formats. For example, I'd like to be able to view a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet right in the Item Details pane, rather than having to open a whole separate application.

Kevin's Response:

"This is on our to-do list, it simply didn't get done for the version 1.0 release. For now you can approximate this functionality by adding the extensions of the file types you want to edit in Ultra Recall to the Tools | Options | Browser (tab) | File extensions to display in internal browser view list (and adding the same extensions to the Tools | Options | Documents (tab) | File extensions to open stored documents writeable list) so you can edit stored documents. The document will be displayed in the internal browser and editing is available, however all the tool bars aren't displayed, etc."

My response:

"That's pretty cool. I use a Tablet-PC and I tried using this method to view Windows Journal documents in the internal browser, but it didn't work. It just opened the document in Journal itself. It would be nice if UR was Tablet-PC enabled. At the very least, you should have an option to enter handwritten data in the Item Details pane for a text object."

Kevin's Response:

"I don't believe we have tested Ultra Recall with a tablet-pc, that is a good idea that we need to support."
Old 12-08-2004, 10:36 AM

Regarding OLE, with the possible exception of ActionOutline all the databases I am aware of that have implemented it are flawed because the size of the OLE container is limited to one page. It will be interesting to see whether UR's programmers can crack this problem.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: