Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-23-2005, 12:05 AM

GTD Template

I have created a Getting Things Done (GTD) template using Ultra Recall and wanted to get some feedback from the group. If anyone would like to take a look at the template, please email me at the address below and I will send it your way. The file is larger than 250K. For those not familiar with GTD, it is a process of managing the "stuff" in your head in a very elegant manner. David Allen wrote the book "Getting Things Done".

I am a hard core Ecco Pro user and I'm trying to determine, if Ultra Recall will be a viable alternative. There are some things that are implemented better in UR that are better (Search), but data entry still appears to be better in Ecco Pro. Protyping a template seems to be easier in Ecco Pro also. I haven't quite mastered modifying the Template Items that come with the default template in UR.

In addition, I can't seem to move the windows around and STICK them where I would like them. The logic is hard to figure out. As a matter of fact, I am trying to get my windows in UR back to the default setup, but can't seem to find out how to do it.

If interested in the UR template, please email me at

wussery@gmail.com

If interested in my Ecco Pro GTD template to to the Ecco Pro newsgroup at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eccopro/
Old 01-18-2006, 07:25 AM

wussery -

just wondering what your conclusions were about ecopro vs UR?

Which can pretty much be answered by answering the question: which are you using today?

I downloaded your GTD 1.3 and it looks interesting. I'm considering buying the book to see what it's all about in detail. I'll spend a day filling out UR-GTD1.3 and see how it fits my work-profile.

If you are still maintaining it I'll be happy to give feedback.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Re: GTD Template

Sorry for the long delay in responding to these questions, your post must have been overlooked.

Quote:
Originally posted by wussery
Protyping a template seems to be easier in Ecco Pro also. I haven't quite mastered modifying the Template Items that come with the default template in UR.
If you have specific questions about modifying templates that aren't answered at http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/?derivedtemplates.htm, please post them here.

Quote:
In addition, I can't seem to move the windows around and STICK them where I would like them. The logic is hard to figure out. As a matter of fact, I am trying to get my windows in UR back to the default setup, but can't seem to find out how to do it.
UR implements docking "stickers" (V-shaped buttons that appear when you drag a pane) to assist docking the panes where you want them. Just drag and drop a pane's caption onto one of these buttons to dock it at the left, top, bottom, right, or as another tab of the UR window or another pane. When you drag the mouse cursor over one of the stickers, the GUI will also show a blue background where dropping will place the pane. Press Esc while dragging to cancel the drag operation.

Panes can also be closed, undocked/floated, or auto-hidden (and automatically shown when hovering or activated) in almost limitless configurations. See http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/?panecustomizing.htm for more details.

See http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1471 for details on resetting customizations to their default settings.

The flexibility that is available can make it a little confusing at first, but with a little practice you should be able to achieve what you need. If you still have specific questions about it, please let us know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: